Cold/Canker Sore Treatment
Cold Sore and Canker Sore Treatment
Cold sores can be uncomfortable, unaesthetic, and inconvenient. They generally break out in response to trauma, or whenever physical or psychological stress levels spike.
Once you experience the tell-tale tingling sensation, its only a matter of time before a full-blown sore appears. Then, healing can take as long as two weeks, and quality of life may be significantly compromised. Therefore, it is critical to begin laser treatment before the sore has had a chance to develop.
Catch it in time with laser treatment, and the col-md-6d sore will not break out.
What are the benefits of laser in treating col-md-6d sores and canker sores?
- Photonic Laser Energy destroys the virus responsible for the sore
- Most of our patients who are treated when the lip starts tingling never develop a sore
- If the sore has already broken out, it will progress no further after treatment.
- Not only will the lip get back to normal more quickly, but it will remain comfortable during the healing.
- Each laser treatment takes just a few minutes
- The laser’s light energy promotes healing through gentle photo-biostimulation deep within the lip.
- After treatment, sores reoccur with less frequency
- Remember, there is virtually no discomfort during or following laser treatment of col-md-6d sores.
Lasers are also used to facilitate healing other oral soft tissue trauma, such as:
- Irritation from orthodontic wires
- Denture sores
- Extraction sites
- Periodontal therapy
- And many other applications